bible reading plan
Each year, we put out a church-wide bible reading plan. Each plan covers the entire New Testament and a vast majority of the Old Testament. Over the course of three years, the plans will collectively cover the bible in its entirety (covering much of it three times over).
how do I read the bible?
We hope that you develop a rhythm of reading God's word daily. As we read the scriptures, both individually and as a community, we cling to God's promises by seeing the gospel of grace culminated in Jesus Christ. The Spirit of God uses the Word and our experiences to help us see our deep need for grace and how that need is perfectly met in the risen savior, Jesus.
Below we've provided seven questions to consider when reading the bible. Questions were adapted from Seven Arrows: Aiming Bible Readers in the Right Direction.
- What does the passage say? Is anything emphasized, repeated, etc?
- What did the passage mean to it's original audience?
- What does the passage tell you about God?
- What does the passage tell you about man?
- What does the passage demand of you?
- How do you need to repent?
- What truths do you need to believe?
- How does the passage change the way you relate to others?
- How does the passage prompt you to pray?